Swag

Everything you want to talk about that doesn't fit to other categories.

Topic author
ajbrehm
Valued Contributor

Swag

Post by ajbrehm » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:16 pm

I think we need OpenVMS and VSI swag, that is clothes, bags, caps, signs to show our wish to be part of the OpenVMS community.

imiller
Master

Re: Swag

Post by imiller » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:00 am

there have been badges with images such as Vernon or the OpenVMS swoosh available at bootcamps in years past. The simplest method would be if VSI uploaded some logos to one of those websites who sell that sort of stuff then people could buy them if they wished and they would be printed on demand.
Ian Miller
[ personal opinion only. usual disclaimers apply. Do not taunt happy fun ball ].

Topic author
ajbrehm
Valued Contributor

Post by ajbrehm » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:00 am

That would be one way, even though usually swag should signal a direct relationship to the vendor, i.e. a trade show visit or bought from the vendor directly. Either way, we need swag to show off the fact that OpenVMS has supporters.

Topic author
ajbrehm
Valued Contributor

Post by ajbrehm » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:41 am

Bump.

This is seriously important. I see penguins and little demons all over the office. The IBM people keep giving away stuff (I have a mouse pad) and the offices are filled with little books and ad books from storage vendors and NetApp etc. I myself bought Microsoft biros for everyone in the Windows Server team. OpenVMS must be more visible and this is an easy way to achieve it. I want an OpenVMS mouse pad.