(9924) Spurious SYSMAN INVLOGIN Errors?

Archive of the OpenVMS Ask the Wizard (ATW) questions and answers database.

Topic author
User
Visitor

(9924) Spurious SYSMAN INVLOGIN Errors?

Post by User » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:26 am

All,
My question is this. When we try and do a config show time on a node we get a
strange error. Here is the command and the error:

Code: Select all

$ mc sysman
SYSMAN> set env/node=(mcjomf,milс2)
Remote Password:
%SYSMAN-I-ENV, current command environment:
        Individual nodes: MCJOMF,MILC2
        At least one node is not in local cluster
        Username SYSTEM       will be used on nonlocal nodes
SYSMAN> config sh t
System time on node MCJOMF: 11-NOV-2004 08:54:34.06
System time on node MILC2: 11-NOV-2004 08:54:40.20
%SYSMAN-I-NODERR, error returned from node MCJOMF
-SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node.
This is on an Alpha system running OpenVMS with Decnet phase 4. I hope this is enough information. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Last edited by marty.stu on Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wizard
Visitor

Re: (9924) Spurious SYSMAN INVLOGIN Errors?

Post by Wizard » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:26 am

Please use system security auditing to locate the particular trigger for the login failure; it is not clear exactly what is issuing the error, as the OpenVMS Wizard would not have expected to see an error such as this and is unable to replicate this on a supported (more current) configuration.

Please ensure that all shared files and all cluster authorization files -- as referenced in SYLOGICALS.TEMPLATE on V7.2 and later and as referenced in the FAQ -- are set up appropriately with logical names if the files are not located in their default
positions within the system disk directory structure; ensure all logical names for all relocated cluster authorization files
are set appropriately.

Also check for any SYSMAN logical names in the SYSMAN$NODE_TABLE logical name table using SHOW LOGICAL /TAB=SYSMAN$NODE_TABLE; see if there are any synonyms for the specified node that might cause
SYSMAN to access another node.

Please also move to a supported and more current OpenVMS Alpha release. If you must operate on a release this old, please ensure you have the most current applicable ECO kits and all mandatory ECO kits installed. (The same recommendation holds for more current releases, of course.)

If you can reproduce this on a supported configuration, please contact the support center directly: https://vmssoftware.com/services/suppor ... intenance/.
Last edited by marty.stu on Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.