VAX DBMS FDML Reference Manual

Talk about commercial or opensource products that already exist for OpenVMS or may be available in the future.

Topic author
rbeasley1652

VAX DBMS FDML Reference Manual

Post by rbeasley1652 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:54 pm

I'm trying to rebuild a FORTRAN application that originated on a VAX, but it was migrated to a Charon-VAX emulator and I have to re-compile and re-link it -- for the simple fact that the executable keeps failing with the following error message:

Code: Select all

%DBM-F-SSVERSION, subschema mismatch - database version XX-XXX-XXXX XX:XX:XX.XX
-DBM-F-SSVERSION2,    program uses subschema version XX-XXXX-XXXX XX:XX:XX.XX
I read a note I found in SYS$HELP that states I have to re-compile and re-link the application to solve this problem.

The application uses a VAX DBMS database (and CDD), and the source code has imbedded DML statements, so I have to compile the source code modules with the (FORTRAN) /DML switch. But the compiles fail with the following message:

Code: Select all

%FDML-F-NODNOTFND, Error locating schema or subschema in CDD
        [TABASE=XXXX_XX)] in module XXXXX_MAIN$MAIN at line XX
I'm trying to figure out why the FDML pre-processor keeps failing. The schema in question is in the CDD (I can see it with the DMU utility), but it's of a <DBM$SCHEMA> type instead of <CDD$xxxxx>, so I'm wondering if that's the problem, and if so, how do I get around that. The original developers have since left the company, so I can't consult with them.

If anyone knows the solution to these "%FDML-F-NODNOTFND" error messages that would be nice. The regular FORTRAN reference manuals don't have FDML error messages documented, but they mention I need to refer to the "VAX DBMS FDML Reference Manual" for more information on FDML. How do I get a copy of the "VAX DBMS FDML Reference Manual"? I'm sure I'm going to run into more FDML related error messages at compile-time or run-time.

Thanks in advance,

- Ron Beasley (734-330-7931)

volkerhalle
Master

Re: VAX DBMS FDML Reference Manual

Post by volkerhalle » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:26 am