Synchronization Upload quota issue on "bigger" files

Here you can discuss the universal Integrated Development Environment for OpenVMS.

Topic author
cgoodwin
Contributor

Synchronization Upload quota issue on "bigger" files

Post by cgoodwin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:34 pm

I have been synchronizing, building and debugging files using the VMS IDE for the past couple weeks and things have been working well. Recently however, I synchronized one of our larger Fortran files (over 3000 lines). Synchronizing it locally seemed to work ok, I made the edits, then synchronized it back to VMS. The output log said that the upload of that file was successful. When I went to build, it failed. VS Code also gave me a waarning saying that it got truncated after 7200 characters. Upon further investigation, it appeared that the build was only trying to build code from the first third of the file. I went into VMS and did a type command on the code file, and after outputting the first third of the code file, it errored out with the following message:

Code: Select all

%TYPE-F-WRITEERR, error writing SYS$OUTPUT:.;
-RMS-F-SYS, QIO system service request failed
-SYSTEM-F-EXQUOTA, process quota exceeded
Doing a type command on the previous version of the file (before any synchronizations), successfully outputs the full file. I deleted the most recent version on both VMS and locally then added some text to the end of the file, synchronized again, did my type command and had the same issue. I did this same test, except I removed text from the code file instead of adding text, and still got the same results. What could cause this issue?

sergey_vorfolomeev
VSI Expert
Valued Contributor

Re: Synchronization Upload quota issue on "bigger" files

Post by sergey_vorfolomeev » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:51 am

Can You give us this file in archive?

dante123

Re: Synchronization Upload quota issue on "bigger" files

Post by dante123 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:22 am

Hi,
do you mean My fortran file?
I can probably send it to you in a private way, but I do not own the code so I can't publish it in a public forum.