X86 Community license and software access

OpenVMS-related news and updates about the current state of system development.

Topic author
madsweeney
VSI Expert
Active Contributor

X86 Community license and software access

Post by madsweeney » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:00 am

This is a suggestion and not a promise. If you are waiting for an email confirming your acceptance to the x86 community and access to x86 software and license, you can try connecting to the portal and check if your access is enabled. Connect to sp.vmssoftware.com and click on "Reset Password". Enter the email address that you used to register in the "Enter e-mail" box on the screen. If you get a 404 error, your account is not yet created, if you get the "Instructions Successfully Sent" check your email and set your new password. To learn how to navigate and use the portal without the introductory email, I recommend you post a topic here in the forum asking for the material.
Dave Sweeney
CEO
VMS Software, Inc.
Boston, MA USA

Tags:

mister.moderator
Site Admin
Active Contributor

Re: X86 Community license and software access

Post by mister.moderator » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 am

Regarding the current vmdk instance and the list of compilers, I have gathered your concerns and comments and have brought them to the attention of the management team for review.
VMS Forum Moderator
VMS Forum Administrator

naiac

Post by naiac » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:33 am

whcox53 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:06 pm
Well, that is disappointing to say the least. No Basic, Cobol, Pascal, Bliss, or X86 Assembler.
Pascal is there and works out of the box. I've been compiling programs I did on Turbo Pascal for MS-DOS when I was a student with no issues.

Also, Perl is there too ready to be used. Look at VMS$COMMON.PERL-5_34. Python 3.10 can be very easily installed (even for a totally openVMS newbie like myself). I believe PHP can also be installed in the same way, though I haven't tried it yet

Added in 3 minutes 51 seconds:
mister.moderator wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:27 am
Regarding the current vmdk instance and the list of compilers, I have gathered your concerns and comments and have brought them to the attention of the management team for review.
Thanks a lot for taking the feedback.

I personally would also like to have access to DECforms.

whcox53
Contributor

Post by whcox53 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:41 pm

Given that the plan is to produce one VMDK for all the hobbyists, it seems like the easiest way to do that is just install all the products. Someone will want whatever is left off.
bill
-----------------
VMS user since 1979.