X86 Community license and software access

OpenVMS-related news and updates about the current state of system development.

Topic author
madsweeney
VSI Expert
Active Contributor

X86 Community license and software access

Post by madsweeney » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:00 am

This is a suggestion and not a promise. If you are waiting for an email confirming your acceptance to the x86 community and access to x86 software and license, you can try connecting to the portal and check if your access is enabled. Connect to sp.vmssoftware.com and click on "Reset Password". Enter the email address that you used to register in the "Enter e-mail" box on the screen. If you get a 404 error, your account is not yet created, if you get the "Instructions Successfully Sent" check your email and set your new password. To learn how to navigate and use the portal without the introductory email, I recommend you post a topic here in the forum asking for the material.
Dave Sweeney
CEO
VMS Software, Inc.
Boston, MA USA

Tags:

dhoelzer
Visitor

Re: X86 Community license and software access

Post by dhoelzer » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:09 pm

I'm curious how long you would expect it to take for an address to be registered. I signed up for the community version quite a long time ago.

Thanks

babydr
Valued Contributor

Post by babydr » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:06 pm

@dhoelzer , I waited for the Community License from Apr 24, 2023 to Jul 29, 2023 . Hth , JimL

motk

Post by motk » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:15 am

Been waiting for mine since early September, so cross fingers I'll get it this year.

mister.moderator
Site Admin
Active Contributor

Post by mister.moderator » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:16 am

motk wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:15 am
Been waiting for mine since early September, so cross fingers I'll get it this year.
Your application is on the list and in the queue, but the queue is very long including about 1000 applications, and we are also working on providing licenses to our commercial customers, so this takes time. We review all the applications on a first come – first serve basis. We apologize for the delay, but please stay patient, we will reach out to you when we have processed your application.
VMS Forum Moderator
VMS Forum Administrator

motk

Post by motk » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:24 pm

Well, this aged well.

mister.moderator
Site Admin
Active Contributor

Post by mister.moderator » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:13 am

motk wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:24 pm
Well, this aged well.
Dear motk,

Please check your Spam folder just in case it got sent there. Your invite email was sent out.
VMS Forum Moderator
VMS Forum Administrator

motk

Post by motk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:55 pm

Hey there - I've triple checked everything, and I simply can't see it. Can it be resent?

harrod

Post by harrod » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm

I tried the suggestion of connecting to sp.vmssoftware.com and trying a password reset and got a "Error 404: Password reset resource not found." message when I tried to change the password. Note that I'm trying to renew and alpha license not X86. I've applied at least three times for the renewal all before the announcement about the discontinuation of the alpha licenses.

craigberry
Contributor

Post by craigberry » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

harrod wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:20 pm
I tried the suggestion of connecting to sp.vmssoftware.com and trying a password reset and got a "Error 404: Password reset resource not found." message when I tried to change the password. Note that I'm trying to renew and alpha license not X86. I've applied at least three times for the renewal all before the announcement about the discontinuation of the alpha licenses.
Did you get an e-mail in September 2022 with links to your licenses? If so, the same links will most likely now point you to current licenses expiring in 2024. They did for me and that's the only way I've been able to get Alpha or Itanium licenses in the past year.