CE licences

Everything about buying, using, and managing OpenVMS systems not covered by other sections.

Topic author
cct
Valued Contributor

CE licences

Post by cct » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:01 pm

I note the community licences expire on 22nd Sept.
When/how do we renew?

Chris
--
Chris

marty.stu
Site Admin
Valued Contributor

Re: CE licences

Post by marty.stu » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:32 pm

Hello Chris,

We are in the process of updating the licenses. We will send an email notification to the CLP subscribers as soon as it is complete. This will definitely be achieved before the current licenses expire.

Thank you,

VSI Community License team
Run to the bedroom, In the suitcase on the left You'll find my favorite axe.

reinhardtjh
Active Contributor

Post by reinhardtjh » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:05 pm

I see the new 2022-2023 PAKs have arrived. Thank you for that!

However, I see the Availability H units for Alpha-LP are still at 1050 which effectively limits VMSClusters to one system, not the two that are allowed. Can that be changed?

Thanks!
John H. Reinhardt
  • VMS user since 1981

willemgrooters
Valued Contributor

Post by willemgrooters » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:18 pm

I am a CSP subscriber but up to date, I haven't received the new licenses yet!! And as reinhanrdjh states: if units for Alpha-LP are still 1050, it is still unusable for clustering 2 DS10/DS20 (which was promised)

Topic author
cct
Valued Contributor

Post by cct » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:55 am

I note the AXP community licences expire again on 22nd Sept.
When/how do we renew?

Chris
--
Chris

vaxman
Visitor

Post by vaxman » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:39 pm

cct wrote:
Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:01 pm
I note the community licences expire on 22nd Sept.
When/how do we renew?

Chris
Kind of useless if you can't even get the community license. I gave up when my ISV application went nowhere and I registered for CE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpGtBnVZLSk

Topic author
cct
Valued Contributor

Post by cct » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:02 pm

vaxman wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:39 pm
Kind of useless if you can't even get the community license. I gave up when my ISV application went nowhere and I registered for CE.
I disagree. I got the community license (AXP) very quickly when I applied in 2020. They also send out renewals intime - this post was only to provide a place for comments/feedback.

Also got the X86 trial very quickly!

Chris
--
Chris

marty.stu
Site Admin
Valued Contributor

Post by marty.stu » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:38 pm

vaxman wrote:

Brian,

We apologize for the ISV contract issue, our representative will get in touch with you again to discuss the terms and conditions of participation in the program.

Speaking about the community license, as we have already explained, we currently have about 800 applications to review and you are nearly at the end of the list as you applied about two to three weeks ago.

Finally @all,

We are currently working on the update for Alpha and Integrity. We will let you know once everything is in place. Please stay patient.

Thank you,

VSI Community License Team

vaxman
Visitor

Post by vaxman » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:13 pm

marty.stu wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:38 pm
vaxman wrote:

Brian,

We apologize for the ISV contract issue, our representative will get in touch with you again to discuss the terms and conditions of participation in the program.

Speaking about the community license, as we have already explained, we currently have about 800 applications to review and you are nearly at the end of the list as you applied about two to three weeks ago.

Finally @all,

We are currently working on the update for Alpha and Integrity. We will let you know once everything is in place. Please stay patient.

Thank you,

VSI Community License Team
Only two to three weeks ago because the stupid "motorcycle" reCAPTCHA was hopelessly horked. Oddly, after complaining, somebody fixed it and I was able to *FINALLY* apply for that.

I'd really rather the ISV path like I had with DEC, Compaq and HP.

marty.stu
Site Admin
Valued Contributor

Post by marty.stu » Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:15 am

Dear OpenVMS Community Members,

We are witnessing stable interest in OpenVMS, especially since the x86 license was made available for the community. We are very grateful for your devotion and your great help with identifying issues with the products that were recently released.

We have received a number of emails and have seen several posts on different media about the licenses expiring on your Alpha and Integrity systems. To download the updated PAKs for your systems, find the email that you received from us upon approval of your application for the community license and click on the link for the appropriate architecture. The archive containing the license script will be automatically downloaded to your PC. Create a COM file on your OpenVMS system by issuing $ CREATE PAK.COM, copy the license script from your local system text editor, paste it to the terminal window, and then close the file by pressing <Ctrl-Z>. Run the script by issuing @PAK.COM, and your system will be activated for another year.

If you lost the registration email from us, please reapply for the community license once again by using the website form and explicitly specify that you already are an active member of the VMS Software Community License Program. We will send you a new link.

Thank you again for your continued interest in OpenVMS. Together we can let OpenVMS make a step to the future.

Best Regards,
OpenVMS Community License Team