Having registered for Community License and for any Beta tests , No responses ...

Everything about buying, using, and managing OpenVMS systems not covered by other sections.

Topic author
babydr
Valued Contributor

Having registered for Community License and for any Beta tests , No responses ...

Post by babydr » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:34 pm

Hello All , Having very recently registered for Community License
But previous the above by (approx.) 14days for Beta tests ,
I've seen No responses from VSI or anything .

I've registered for Beta tests using babyd(at)baby-dragons.com .
I've registered for Community using jiml(at)system-techniques.com .

What I am hoping to find is a URL resource where I can see that my registerings are in progress or there are problems contacting me via the above email addresses or ???

Tia , JimL

Topic author
babydr
Valued Contributor

Re: Having registered for Community License and for any Beta tests , No responses ...

Post by babydr » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:46 pm

@marty.stu , Ouch & WOW , Just for the Community License !-)
I am hoping that when time permits a "Number" like you posted could be posted to This or a sticky Topic , Giving some of us less patient waiters an idea of the amount of requests & hopefully how much closer we might be to seeing if we qualify ;-)
Say something , Just concerning Community requests , LIke ...
New Entries: XXX
Present Total Entries: YYY

@arne_v , Seeing Stu's Count I can understand why .

Tia , JimL

Topic author
babydr
Valued Contributor

Re: Having registered for Community License and for any Beta tests , No responses ...

Post by babydr » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:08 pm

Hello All , Just to keep Stu busy , It's been 2 months now .

ps: I will continue to post the lack of response for the month for either of my requests ,
until they are received , Then I will respond that I have received a response concerning that request .

Sorry Stu , Well , almost ... ;-)

oknop
Visitor

Post by oknop » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:18 am

Well, at least you are not alone... I am still in the queue as well.

Oswald

gtackett
Visitor

No response for me either

Post by gtackett » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:05 am

Just another +1 on this issue, since June 18.

Topic author
babydr
Valued Contributor

Post by babydr » Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:56 pm

It has been another Month since registering for Both Community & Field Test . (ie: 3x)
Just my monthly report of No response concerning either registration .
Hth , JimL
PS: All of you keep up the good work .
Last edited by babydr on Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Topic author
babydr
Valued Contributor

Post by babydr » Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:52 pm

Hello ALL , Just Checked & I received the emails for my "VSI Community License" !-) Hth , JimL

ps: Rather than open a new post..
This is in response to my request on Sunday 16 April 2023 @ 18:24 for a Alpha community license , Mainly because the Community License button for X86_64 was not yet implemented .
Last edited by marty.stu on Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

marty.stu
Site Admin
Valued Contributor

Post by marty.stu » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:59 am

Please do not share any license data on the forum or on any public media. We do not mind any public discussions or reasonable complaints about our policy or community license terms and conditions, but sharing the license that you were granted or any of its parts is explicitly forbidden. Doing so may lead to permanent discontinuation of your access to any community license related accounts and files.

Thank you,

VSI Community License Team
Last edited by marty.stu on Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Run to the bedroom, In the suitcase on the left You'll find my favorite axe.

Topic author
babydr
Valued Contributor

Post by babydr » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:52 pm

@marty.stu , Would you please post the url that describes this policy . Thank You . I was unaware of that policy .
JimL

arne_v
Master

Post by arne_v » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:26 pm

@JimL

1) I consider it standard practice in the IT industry that you cannot provide a license given to you to other. MS Windows, MS Office or OpenVMS Community License. So every reason to expect that you can't provide that license to other.

2) I don't know what exact paragraph Marty was thinking of.

But https://vmssoftware.com/community/commu ... agreement/ section 8:
You may not assign, sublicense, delegate, or otherwise transfer (“Assign”) all or any part of this Agreement without prior written consent from VSI, payment to VSI of any applicable fees, and compliance with VSI’s Software license transfer policies and any applicable third-party license terms.
and section 7:
Notwithstanding the foregoing, this Agreement will also terminate upon conditions set forth elsewhere in this Agreement or if You fail to comply with any term or condition hereof.
seems like a possibility.
Arne
arne@vajhoej.dk
VMS user since 1986

Topic author
babydr
Valued Contributor

Post by babydr » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:58 pm

@Arne , Thank You , Tho I beleive that I did read that once before .
All I did (IIRC) was copy in ~= 10 top lines ot the top of the AXP-Community license & editted out the Auth info line & which would have pointed out the the issue date was from 2022-Sep-11 & that the Terminateion date was this 22-Sep .
Considering I received the Auth License info Saturday , I was of the Hope , I'll say , that the license would have been issued from the date nearer the date I received the Auth Info .
I find nothing in that document that is even close to what Marty mentioned , I am wondering if it might be part of the Forum Rules . I'll try to remember where I saw those at .
Thank You , Agn , Arne . JimL