OpenVMS x86 9.2-1 DEBUG Crash

Topic author
fausap
Contributor

OpenVMS x86 9.2-1 DEBUG Crash

Post by fausap » Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:58 am

Hello,
I am wondering if you have the same problem with DEBUG as I do. If I try to run a simple C (built and linked with the DEBUG option) program with the DEBUG option enabled, the debugger generates a lot of errors on the screen while loading the exe, and if I try to set up a breakpoint the server crashes and reboots.

This is just a small portion of the errors:

Code: Select all

%DEBUG-I-INFODWARF, error reading Dwarf info: address correlation setup failed, File: 2, Src Rec: 10257
%DEBUG-I-INFODWARF, error reading Dwarf info: Unprocessed LEB arguments:
%DEBUG-I-INFODWARF, error reading Dwarf info: 00002c05 00000405 [
%DEBUG-I-INFODWARF, error reading Dwarf info: 03
%DEBUG-I-INFODWARF, error reading Dwarf info: ] (3)
%DEBUG-I-INFODWARF, error reading Dwarf info: address correlation setup failed, File: 2, Src Rec: 10314
The updated DEBUG package cannot be installed under 9.2-1, so maybe there is a need for a new update.

Did you get the same problems?

thanks,
Fausto

imiller
Master

Re: OpenVMS x86 9.2-1 DEBUG Crash

Post by imiller » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:16 am

I've seen that sort of thing, The DEBUG support seems very flaky at present but I've not had the time to collect info and report it.

Perhaps you can report it as an issue via the support portal and see what response you get.
Ian Miller
[ personal opinion only. usual disclaimers apply. Do not taunt happy fun ball ].

tim.stegner
VSI Expert
Valued Contributor

Post by tim.stegner » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:27 am

This problem is know to VMS Development, and is being worked on. The Compiler Lead thinks there will be new Fortran and C compilers by the end of April, roughly. (Not so much a DEBUG problem, rather a compiler problem.)

Topic author
fausap
Contributor

Post by fausap » Mon May 29, 2023 6:12 am

tim.stegner wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:27 am
This problem is know to VMS Development, and is being worked on. The Compiler Lead thinks there will be new Fortran and C compilers by the end of April, roughly. (Not so much a DEBUG problem, rather a compiler problem.)
Hello, thanks a lot for the clarification. Will there be, by any chance, for the end of this month a new version of C compiler?

jreagan
VSI Expert
Master

Post by jreagan » Mon May 29, 2023 11:55 pm

This month? As in June 1st, I doubt the portal will be updated by then. We're trying to be as quick as possible but do as much testing as well. The debugger that will be coming in the final V9.2-1 is better as well.