C++11

Topic author
joukj
Master

C++11

Post by joukj » Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:41 am

Recently the developpers of wxWidgets (platform independent widgets library) changed the rquirement for the compilation that the C++ is a "11" compiler. Ofcourse on AXP and Itanium the OpenVMS does not qualify. Up to now I kept the OpenVMS port in sync with the latest developments, but that will stop now :(

I do not expect (but surprise me) that in the near future a new C++ compiler will be released for Itanium/AXP and will be available in the CLP. However I thought I once saw that in future it will be supported on X86, I cannot find any reference to that anymore. Can someone update me on this?

Than it is only waiting for me "poor" hobyist for the release in the CLP of OpenVMS/X86

Jouk

jreagan
VSI Expert
Master

Re: C++11

Post by jreagan » Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:01 am

The C++ compiler for OpenVMS x86-64 is based on clang and is C++11 compliant (and C++14 as well). The compiler is also compliant with C++17 but we are missing some underlying support RTL routines (they are on the list).

There is nothing in the roadmap about compiler updates on Alpha and Itanium compilers.

dmccorm1
Contributor

Re: C++11

Post by dmccorm1 » Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:24 am

When you say that the compiler is C++11/14 compliant, you are referring to the C++ language or the C++ Standard Library?